Friday 20 February 2015

Piri-piri

UPDATE
I'd been struggling since the last double with what started as pains either side of my calf and had my sports massage guy listing scary injuries as possibilities, but none of my symptoms really quite matching. I was having weird shooty-needle pains up the outside of my lower right leg, when walking, as the heel comes to the ground. Worse downhill. He was most sure it was a soleus strain or compartment damage because the pain was so localised to my calf and gave me some stretches to do over the next two weeks saying one would hurt and then we'd know what the issue was.
Anyhoo, I did the stretches and nothing hurt, but the shooty pains were still there. About 10 days later, still unable to walk properly, I was resting up on the sofa and my back, bum and whole right leg was aching terribly which developed more specifically to my piriformis going into spasm. (or at least that's what it felt like). I commenced piri stretches twice a day and things eased off in a matter of days! Hurrah!

I was feeling great from the Sunday 2 weeks after the double (, also 2 weeks before the next) but like a good girl I acted on the advice of my sports massage guy and kept stretching, icing and resting. I missed the Wokingham Half marathon, something I signed up to 18months ago but was cancelled last year due to flooding on the course. It just wasn't meant to be. I went as personal supporter to Phil who beat my PB by 45 seconds..... Grrr. I'm proud obviously.
In total I had 3 weeks off running completely, and then a (difficult) 3 mile and 6 mile before my next adventure! 

1 comment:

  1. And there I was thinking this would be a tasty post!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment: